This position specifically requires expertise in fine soldering skills for PCB manufacturing and rework. Proven expertise in the use of soldering irons for installation or removal of micro-miniature components on PCBs for both SMT and thru-hole components.
Interpret and follow assembly procedures for installation of SMT or thru-hole components.
Expertise in the assembly of electronics products with specific experience in soldering.
Confers with engineers, technicians, production personnel, and others regarding testing procedures and results and to resolve problems.
Records defects on tag attached to unit and returns unit to production department for repair.
Work with engineering to transition new products into production, assuring that proper documentation, test fixtures, inspection requirements and equipment are in place to facilitate a smooth transition to production. Attend final design reviews and complete first article inspections on any new product releases.
This position is performed in a manufacturing test environment with moderate noise level and an artificial climate control. Duties require both sitting and standing for varied amounts of time.
All other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 5-7 years as a Soldering Technician
- IPC-J-STD-001 and IPC-610 certified highly preferred
- Proven ability to work in a high mix, mid-volume production line
- The individual in this position must have excellent attention to detail; ability to follow, or document processes; ability to communicate quality concerns to employees.
- The ability to perform electronic testing of PCBs or systems would be a strong plus
- Understanding of Bill of Material structure in assembly processes
- QA experience is a strong plus for this position
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Full-time, part-time, flexible work schedules available
P: 603 672 8900 x107