February 16, 2023 | Posted By: Degree Controls Inc.
The Quality Specialist will ensure the Company’s products meet or exceed the quality levels established by either DegreeC or by the customer. This position is responsible for performing inspections, verifying assembly, and collaborating with engineering, sales, and other departments to solve problems and improve processes. In addition, the Quality Specialist will assist in RMA activities of products being returned for defects, repairs or re-calibrations. This position is based in Nashua, NH and will report to the Operations Manager.
- Perform inspections on products using appropriate test equipment such as micrometers, calipers, pin gages, force gages, steel rulers, assembly fixtures and torque tools, with and without magnification, and using workmanship standards and reference industry standards i.e. J-STD-001 / IPC-A-610;
- Read drawings, specifications, assembly instructions, BOM’s and assembly procedures to perform inspections and tests;
- Confer with engineers, supervision and employees regarding the inspection procedures and inspection results to resolve problems;
- Verify assembly of panels, mechanical details, cable assemblies, subassemblies, assemblies, systems and other mechanical parts;
- Identify and record defects on rework tags, NCMR forms, in-process inspection logs, and track data;
- Train new and temporary employees on ISO procedures and quality best practices;
- Perform ISO9001 Internal Audits as required;
- Work with engineering to transition new products into production, assuring that proper documentation, test fixtures, inspection requirements and equipment are in place; Attend final design reviews and complete first article inspections on any new product releases;
- Perform MRB material review and documentation for return of non-conforming material;
- Initiate corrective and preventative actions, as well as aid in the investigation and response to external corrective actions;
- Work closely with RMA Technicians, assemblers, QA inspectors, engineers, Sales, Product Line Managers and shipping/receiving to process RMAs through the system in a timely manner;
- Maintain and coordinate bi-annual equipment calibration procedures;
- Assist in resolving in packaging and logistics issues as needed;
- Must be able to stand, bend, sit, lift (max 50lbs) and reach as needed to perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions;
- All other duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills, and Education
- 1-3 years’ experience in a Quality role within a manufacturing environment;
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Technical or trade school degree or certificate in Electro-Mechanical Assembly or inspection and test techniques preferred;
- High attention to detail; Ability to both document and follow processes;
- Excellent written and verbal communication, able to interact with employees, vendors, and customers;
- Strong computer skills, ability to navigate and utilize ERP systems;
- IPC Certification is a strong plus.
- Hourly salary, dependent on candidate experience
- 2 weeks annual paid vacation
- Company Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, and 401K (with match)
"*" indicates required fields