Looking for a Grossing Station Air Velocity Monitor that provides data in real-time and alarming capability?
Grossing Station Air Velocity Monitor
Typically constructed of stainless steel, a grossing station is a workstation where medical or laboratory professionals conduct the grossing process. Grossing is the process of inspecting pathology specimens using the human eye to obtain diagnostic information while the specimens are being prepared for further microscopic examination. While these units vary in terms of optional equipment, most have a fan that pulls air in a direction away from the operator so that they are not subjected to inhaling fumes.
In order to monitor that airflow we recommend a Rooster Airflow Monitor. This monitor features alarming capability based on user-defined air velocity thresholds that are by using a convenient and glove-friendly touchscreen. Other features include:
- BACNet® MS/TP protocol for easy integration into building management systems
- Comprehensive feature set for advanced containment and safety applications
- Glove-friendly, color touch panel display
- Whole-screen background colorization to convey current state, augmented by flashing red LED while in alarm state
- Instrumentation-class sensor, compatible with latest NSF requirements for repeatability and high accuracy calibration.
- Volume and tone control
- Accepts side-flow sensor for negatively pressurized cabinets, insertion probe for exhaust ducts and inline retrofit design to replace legacy airflow alarm monitors
- Full temperature compensation built-in for accuracy across wide operating temperature range
- Air temperature sensing included and displayed on-screen
- Wide velocity range capability, for use in face-velocity or duct-velocity applications
- Fast and intuitive set-up, with no need to have manual on hand
- Event logging with fast USB download
- Dual password protection allows users to personalize operational experience, but not override safety features set by facility managers
- Upgradeable firmware, in-the-field, via USB bootloader
What is Grossing?
Grossing is the process of inspecting pathology specimens using the human eye to obtain diagnostic information while the specimens are being prepared for further microscopic examination.