Need a Grossing Hood Air Velocity Alarm that provides data in real-time and alarming capability?
Grossing Hood Air Velocity Alarm
Typically constructed of stainless steel, a grossing hood is a workstation by medical or laboratory professionals conduct the grossing process. Grossing is the process of inspecting pathology specimens using the human eye to obtain diagnostic information while the specimens are being prepared for further microscopic examination. While these units vary in terms of optional equipment, most have a fan that pulls air in a direction away from the operator so that they are not subjected to inhaling fumes.
Designed as a simple retrofit option for fume hoods and biosafety cabinets, The Rooster™ is a fast, reliable, and affordable way to monitor airflow safety and work towards OSHA or NSF-49/ANSI compliance. The Rooster™ Alarm provides full time tracking of air velocities within cabinet or exhaust systems to ensure air movement never falls below user-defined thresholds. Other features include:
- One-step push-button calibration
- Customizable audible alarm tones and warning lights
- Latching or resettable alarm
- Configurable Alarm Threshold (ships with NSF/ANSI-49 required -20%)
- Facility Night Set-Back feature available
- Available with probe, sidewall and inline sensor options
- Private labeling options available
- 12′ sensor cable for probe, 4′ sensor cable for sidewall
What is Grossing?
Grossing is the process of inspecting pathology specimens using the human eye to obtain diagnostic information while the specimens are being prepared for further microscopic examination.