The Electronics Manufacturing Technician will be required to work in a team environment to research, develop, design and test electrical components, equipment and systems for sensors and instrumentation made by NDT Systems Inc and Degree Controls, Inc. This position will be based at the company’s facility in Nashua, NH and report to the Engineering Manager of the company.
- Debug, analyze and repair failures of production electronics and returned existing products.
- Assemble electrical and electronic systems according to engineering data and knowledge of electrical principles, using hand tools and measuring instruments.
- Develop electrical debug procedures for all products to be used for new production and customer RMA’s. Assist in debug process as required.
- Design and assembly of manufacturing test fixtures (Electronics).
- Develop applications of controls, instruments, and systems for new commercial, medical, domestic, and industrial uses.
- Ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Direct and coordinate operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment.
- Use computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
Measures of Success
- Must be able to strive for excellence while working in a fast-paced environment, to quickly move from idea to proof of concept and to prepare project justification for valid concepts
- Taking initiative and accepting the guidance of senior engineers to develop, validate and deliver high-quality products
- Accomplish assigned tasks in a timely manner
Experience and Skills
- AS degree in Electrical Engineering with 4-6 years’ of related experience or HS diploma with 8-10 years related experience. Additional education in engineering, software or business a strong plus.
- Experience to include, but not limited to, microcontroller based measurement and control circuits; mixed signal; low noise analog; Switched Mode Power Supplies, both AC/DC and DC/DC from 10 to 300 Watts of various topologies.
- Ability to solder surface mount electronic components.
- Proficiency using Oscilloscopes, signal generators, digital multi meters and assorted test equipment
- Ability to understand electrical schematics, processor and IC data sheets for thermal management and sensing equipment is required.
- Ability to debug PCBs to the component level.
- Experience with machine elements, mechanisms, gearing, speed control, thermal dynamics and electronics is a plus.
- J-STD-001 and IPC 610 soldering certificate/knowledge required. Experience with IPC7711/7721 Rework, Modification and Repair a strong plus.
- Verbally explain technical concepts in clear English.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate
- Nashua, NH 03062: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Required)
- Electronics: 5 years (Required)
- Soldering: 5 years (Preferred)