November 28, 2022 | Posted By: Degree Controls Inc.
Choose the Rooster™ to best fit your needs!
What is it?
- Rooster is an airflow or pressure monitor with alarm.
- It continuously measures airflow parameters with audible, visual, and remote alarming.
- Bringing airflow safety to critical containment applications, Rooster monitoring, alarming, and sensing solutions are compatible with a variety of standards such as ASHRAE-110, NSF-49, OSHA, and USP 797/800.
How do I choose it?
- Start by selecting airflow monitor or room pressure monitor.
- Next, decide if you want to display measured values in real time.
- Consider facility requirements. Do you want a BACnet® MS/TP capable airflow monitor to communicate with your building controller? Will advanced control features like managing venturi valves and fans, or sash position sensing, enhance your application?
- While Rooster pressure monitors include a best-in-class pressure and humidity sensing module, Rooster airflow monitors have choice of sidewall or probe sensor.
- Ideal for fume hoods and negatively pressurized cabinets, the sidewall sensor measures clean laboratory air to determine face velocity.
- The probe sensor is selected for biosafety cabinets and HVAC ducts. It is supplied with a gland fitting for easy duct mounting.
How do I calibrate?
- Rooster airflow monitors use a one-touch button press calibration, or a two-point calibration, depending upon the model selected.
- All pressure monitors ship pre-calibrated from Degree Controls.
ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 110 is an American National Standard used to evaluate fume containment of laboratory hoods. The ASHRAE Standard 110 includes tests such as fume hood face velocity and smoke visualization.